Terms of Sale
- General information. 2030 Technologies Canada Limited (trading as 2030 Canada) is a company incorporated under the laws of British Columbia, Canada, registered in British Columbia and with its registered office at 201 – 1405 St Paul Street, Kelowna, BC – V1Y 2E4 with the corporation number is BC1258272 (hereinafter “2030 Canada”). The services supplied and/or provided by 2030 Canada for the purpose of these Terms of Sale are those as specified on 2030 Canada’s website and on the voucher (hereinafter the “Services”). By purchasing a voucher from 2030 Canada, you hereby accept the terms and conditions contained herein. These Terms of Sale apply to every voucher you, the consumer, purchase from 2030 Canada. For the purposes of these Terms of Sale, a “Voucher” shall mean a coupon, in either physical or electronic form, which entitles the purchaser of such Voucher (the “Voucher Purchaser”) to receive a discount on the fees of the service offered by 2030 Canada during the period of time allocated to use the Voucher (the “Redemption Period”). These Terms of Sale were last updated on 4 August 2020 (version 0820-02). 2030 Canada reserves the right to unilaterally amend these Terms of Sale at any time. All amendments to these Terms of Sale will be posted online. You will be bound only to the version of the Terms of Sale you agreed to at the time you purchased a Voucher.
- Purchase of a Voucher. You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a Voucher. Before you can make a purchase, you need to register and create an account with 2030 Canada. By clicking on the “Buy Now” button, you submit an offer to 2030 Canada to buy the Voucher. The purchase of the Voucher is not complete until you receive an email from 2030 Canada confirming acceptance of your offer. 2030 Canada expressly reserves the right to reject your order. 2030 Canada may collect booking fees or other costs associated with the purchase and/or redemption of a Voucher. All such fees or costs (if any) will be communicated to you before you purchase the Voucher. Even after acceptance of your offer by 2030 Canada, 2030 Canada reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time if it reasonably suspects that you have committed or that you may be committing any fraud against 2030 Canada or an affiliated third-party of 2030 Canada. A Voucher entitles its purchaser to a discount at the moment to retain 2030 Canada’s services. A Voucher is not a security and does not qualify as such under the Securities Act (c. V.1.-1). Accordingly, by purchasing a voucher, you understand that you are not investing in 2030 Canada or any of its parent companies and you are not participating in risks or profits of 2030 Canada, or its parent companies, or affiliate companies.
- Redemption of a Voucher. Unless expressly stated otherwise the Voucher can only be redeemed once by the person that personally purchased it and can only be redeemed with 2030 Canada. You must follow the redemption instructions associated with the Voucher. In order to redeem a Voucher, you must present it to 2030 Canada within the Redemption Period. The Redemption period starts from the launch of the platform, anticipated by H2 2021. The redemption period for each voucher vary and are described below:
- Platinum – from the launch of the platform and does not expire.
- Gold – Valid for 18 months from the launch of the platform.
- Silver – Valid for 12 months from the launch of the platform.
In the event that 2030 Canada cannot supply and/or provide the Services as described for unforeseen reasons, 2030 Canada will notify you as soon as possible by email. If you do not redeem the Voucher within the Redemption Period, the Voucher expires automatically and cannot be redeemed anymore. The Platinum Voucher has no Redemption Period and no expiry date. Any attempt to redeem a Voucher contrary to these Terms of Sale may render a Voucher void at 2030 Canada’s discretion. Vouchers are redeemable in their entirety only. If you redeem the Voucher for less than the original value of the Services, you are not entitled to a credit, cash refund or new Voucher for the difference between the original value and the redeemed value.
- Use of a Voucher. Any purchase of a Voucher is for your non-commercial, personal use only. All Vouchers are non-transferable. The commercial trade and reproduction of a Voucher are prohibited. By purchasing a Voucher, you promise not to provide false data including false names, date of births, addresses and/or contact or payment details or engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the purchase or use of a Voucher, or allow anyone else to do so. 2030 Canada is not responsible for the loss or theft of Vouchers after their purchase. 2030 Canada is not responsible for retrieving Voucher reference numbers or Voucher security codes.
- Cancellation, Refunds and Problems. You have the right to cancel your purchase of the Voucher within fourteen (14) calendar days after the day you receive the confirmation email (the “Voucher Cancellation Period”). However, if you redeem your Voucher during the Voucher Cancellation Period, you expressly request the services to begin being provided to you, and you acknowledge that you lose your right to cancel the purchase of the Voucher. If you want to cancel your purchase of a Voucher you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com. If you cancel your purchase of the Voucher in accordance with section 5, 2030 Canada will refund you for all payments made as part of your purchase within fourteen (14) calendar days from the day on which you informed 2030 Canada about your cancellation. Unless you expressly inform 2030 Canada in advance not to, any refund will be refunded to you via your original method of payment. If your original method of payment has been cancelled, expired or has otherwise changed, you must inform the customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you fail to do this and you are refunded to your original method of payment, you will need to coordinate with your bank or your payment services provider to obtain your refund. 2030 Canada will not provide more than one refund. You have thirty (30) days from the date you receive the refund to reject it. If you do not reject the refund during these thirty (30) days, the refund shall be in full and final settlement of any and all claims you may have against 2030 Canada related to, arising out of, or connected to that Voucher.
- Standards of Services and Liability. 2030 Canada promises that it will exercise reasonable care and skill in performing its obligations under these Terms of Sale and will uphold itself to the highest requirements of fairness and professional diligence. 2030 Canada warranties that the Vouchers are fit for their purpose. However, 2030 Canada is not liable for any breach of an obligation under these Terms of Sale where it is unable to carry out its obligations by any cause outside of its reasonable control.
2030 Canada is liable for: (a) any death and personal injury caused by 2030 Canada’s negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation made by itself; or (c) any implied contractual terms that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. 2030 Canada is not liable for any other losses or damages you may suffer, including any indirect or consequential losses, that exceeds the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the purchase price of the Voucher.
2030 Canada does not warrant the completeness, fitness for purpose or legality of the Services. 2030 Canada is not liable for the quality, safety, usability or any other aspect of the Services.
In certain countries applicable law does not allow some or all of the exclusions and/or limitations set out in this section 6. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above exclusions and/or limitations may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
- 2030 Canada reserves the right to take action against you if you breach these Terms of Sale and exercise its rights and remedies. Unless otherwise stated within these Terms of Sale, notices to be given to either party shall be in writing and shall be delivered by electronic mail (other than if you are sending a notice to 2030 Canada for the purpose of legal process) or by pre-paid post. Any notice 2030 Canada sends to you will be to the address you supplied to 2030 Canada when you registered for your 2030 Canada account. You can send any notice to 2030 Canada at the registered office address as set out in Section 1. Any claims, demands or actions asserted against 2030 shall be brought in the jurisdiction of British Columbia, Canada. If any provision of these Terms of Sale should be held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Sale are not affected. Such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision which most closely achieves the economic effect contemplated by the invalid or unenforceable provision.
These Terms of Sale are made in French and English. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of this Terms of Sale the English version shall prevail. Should any conflict arise between the versions of these Terms of Sale and any translation hereof, the English language version shall be controlling.